mandag 12. desember 2011

Christmas is coming

As sure as December brings Christmas it also brings our annual carol and activity service. It was last night and there were lots of people of all ages. After the service was over we had the opportunity to join hands and make rings then walk round the Christmas tree singing Christmas carols. After that there was a great spread of treats to eat and drink.

As three elderly ladies were preparing to leave after the refreshments they commented how nice it had been to be all together and to see so many children. I couldn't agree with her more!! One time when I was chatting to one of these ladies I asked how long she had been coming to this church. This caused her to think hard and you could amost hear her working it out in her head. I don't know how long I had expected her to say but her answer took me totally by surprise, in fact it left me momentarily speechless. (Leaving me speechless as many people know is quite a difficult thing to do!) The lady replied that she knows for certain she was attending weekly in 1936 and she probably started here the year before when she moved to the area for her first job! That is 75 years this year, amazing!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar