onsdag 25. april 2012

Cambodia here I come!

There are not many weeks left now until a team of 10 of us from Norkirken travel to Cambodia. The plan is to serve the people in the area and projects in which Normisjon is involved. We will be visiting and contributing to these projects with health care (we have a doctor and two nurses on the team), teaching (we have a school teacher and a pre-school teacher on the team), there are four teenagers who will be involved in youth activities, sport and drama etc for the teaching and health team... and then there is me!

I am doing some teaching, both biblical and language, looking at the projects and Normisjon's work in Cambodia with a view to being better informed myself and therefore better able to enthuse the church on my return. I will also be involved in the other group's teaching. As the trip gets closer this blog will have more about it and there will be regular updates whilst we are away. We leave on the 23rd of June. I am now vaccinated against all sorts of things and am starting to think about what to put in my suitcase.

There are a number of resources we are taking with us to use and then leave in Cambodia for the local people to continue using. We are for example taking some puppets. We will use them in some teaching we are having for sunday-school teachers. The plan is to show different ways of sharing bible stories with children and puppets are great for this. I have bought in two sets that we think will cover lots of different bible stories. I bought them in the UK as I was able to get puppets with asian skin colour and features for a man, a boy and a girl (the girl can also be a boy with a change of clothes), a pig and a sheep. This is a picture of Lucy the sheep. She is such fun!

LUCY THE SHEEP

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar