lørdag 28. april 2012

One of those days

Today has been one of those days...no, not what you're thinking. Let me explain. I spend many hours driving from Ørsdalen to Sandnes and back again. Occasionally I ask myself why, oh why, do I live where I live! I know the answer of course, it is because I believe God has called me and my family at this time to serve him and live in this valley.When He says otherwise we will obey, until then we will stay.

I am however only human and sometimes driving home from work in a great snowstorm or sliding my way down hairpin bends on sheet ice covered in rain at eleven o'clock at night I do ask myself why am I doing this! I have even been known to pray to the effect "Lord, you called me here, keep your part of the deal and look after me until I have done all you have called me to do in your name. And I hope I am not finished yet!" The snow plough driver, the gritter man and I am on first name terms! The gritter driver has on occasions said to me that if he can't keep the road open until I have finished at work then I can use his spare room. A spade, sleeping bag and rope are put into the car when I change over to winter tyres and don't come out except for use until spring.

Today has been one of those days when I can give a thousand reasons for living exactly here. Perfect peace only interrupted by an occasional distant tractor, bird song all around me, everything turning green by the hour almost, blue sky, fresh clear mountain air and hot sun. Perfect! If we lived in a town or city we could not have hoped to have such a perfectly peaceful and relaxing day.

Psalm 9 verse 1-2
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart: I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you: I will sing praise to your name o Most High.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar