lørdag 5. mai 2012

Who would you like me to bless today?

A friend of mine during the pastor's prayer meeting yesterday said he had been reading a biography of Mother Teresa. It seems that she lived without worrying about tomorrow, only with thoughts of today. She would start the day by asking the Lord "Who would you like me to bless today?" I try to live that way but fail so very often. Yesterday was for me a day when the Lord sent some unexpected people and surprises my way. Maybe because of that and the conversation at the prayer meeting that morning it was easier to not be selfish but to thank the Lord for the opportunity to help someone along on the journey of life.

Christians are called to give selflessly and I suspect we would all say that we try to do that. Sometimes it is a pleasure and a joy but at other times it is frustrating and even irritating especially if it takes time or energy we had wanted to use on other things.

If we are going to be followers of Jesus, his disciples, then we need to copy Him so his reflection shows through us in our lives even when we are tired or it is inconvenient! "I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do." Romans 7. 18-19.
Paul seems to have had the same trouble as me which is somewhat reassuring.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar