onsdag 16. november 2011

A first!

For me this is a first! I am writing my first ever blog.Not only that but I have created this all by myself. Those of you who know me will know that I am not good at this sort of thing, I tend to ask one of my teenagers to do it for me.

The idea behind this blog is to write little and often about what is going on in the life of the church I pastor, Norkirken in Sandnes on the west coast of Norway. I am now in my third year here, before that I was working as an Anglican priest in the UK Diocese of Bradford.

So what has been going on this week? Well, on Monday we held our Alpha course which started with asparagus soup and home made bread rolls and the room was filled with a wonderful smell of fresh-baked bread as people arrived. This week we were thinking about how God leads us in our life.

On Tuesday there was the prayer meeting in the morning. This meeting seems to be growing as we now need to rearrange the furniture in the prayer room to fit everybody in! What a nice problem to have. The hour in prayer seemed to whizz by and after that we enjoyed coffee and cake. To round off the day yesterday there was a craft evening. There were 12 of us who were shown how to make candles by one of the Mums in our Little Stars group. I then showed everyone how to make soaps. We all had a great time with lots of chatting and laughing as well as making new friends.This is something we will definitely do again!

Today I have spent some time preparing suggestions for the children's session on Sunday morning. We will be continuing the theme we had in our family service which was based on Max Lucado's book "You are special". On Sunday the children will be thinking more about what it means to be uniquely and wonderfully created by God; they will be using bubbles, song, film, drawing, play doh and prayer. This evening is our House Church meeting and we are up to session three of the course by Bill Hybels' "The power of a whisper". The material is very good and we are all learning a lot from it. Do you hear God whisper to you? What do you do when you hear him?

1 kommentar:

  1. Hello Tracy, congratulations, I think your new blog is great! We too have had a session of Alpha this week. The main subject for us was Evil ! At first I found this really heavy & overwhelming. The speaker was brilliant and spoke about the armour that God gives us to deal with Evil. So I have two answers to your question, firstly - what I I used to do when I heard Gods whisper was to question it & allow the tiny voice of doubt creep in, common sense so I thought "realistic", "surely I'm not worth that","I couldn't do that","if I try I'll surely fail", & now what I am doing, as of today, is checking my response to his whisper. Am I allowing the spirit of the devil to mislead me or the holy spirit to guide me? I have had the most peaceful 24 hours of my life, or at least since I was a child. God is good! And so are you :-) Blessings from England.

    SvarSlett