torsdag 24. november 2011

Rather embarassing!

If I was ever in danger of taking myself too seriously Sunday morning would have brought me back down to the ground with a bump. As you will have read in the previous spot, we have had a weekend of meetings in Norkirken. Jørn Strand spoke to a packed church on Sunday evening, the main meeting room was full, we opened the doors to the cafe and that was full in no time, we had to also seat people on the balcony!

That is not what I am going to focus on today. On Sunday morning we had our usual communion service and Jørn preached. There were a number of visitors in church too. It was a great service and all went swimmingly until the final hymn. I announced it and as I did so, the two year old I was sitting next to took off her trainers one by one and handed them to me. She did this easily as they have Velcro fastenings. I placed them down on the seat along with some papers I had in my hand and the bible I had been using. I then perched on what was left of the seat for the hymn (fact for my non-Norwegian readers: Norwegians sit to sing hymns).  As I stood for the final bessing I thought "Oh bother my microphone box has slipped of my waistband again!" It was only afterwards I realized that it was the trainers which had attached themselves to my bottom! What can you do but laugh!



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar