fredag 7. desember 2012

Speechless

Those of you who know me know that it takes quite a lot to leave me speechless. On the seldom occasion that happens I tend to find something to say reasonably quickly but today I am still speechless about it after six hours. I just don't really know what to say or what to think, nor can I think of a joke or whitty comment about it!

As I was driving to work this morning the presenter asked if we (the listeners) had heard of Black Ivory coffee. It would seem that in Thailand elephants like coffee beans. An elephant sanctuary has been giving their elephants coffee with their usual food and then re-claiming them from the elephant dung afterward. The beans are then prepared and sold to consumers. No, this is not a wind up, it is completely true. Not only that but it is the world's most expensive coffee at 6000 kr per kilo or if you prefer $1100 american dollars per kilo.

They say the coffee has an earthy flavor and is smooth on the palate. I am sure there is a good joke in there somewhere...

If you want to read more follow this link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20121207/as-thailand-elephant-coffee/?utm_hp_ref=homepage&ir=homepage

I wonder who thought of trying this for the first time and what makes someone actually do so? There are some strange people out there. You and I aren't strange though. Well, at least I'm not strange, I'm not too sure about you now I come to think about it!





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar