onsdag 28. januar 2015

Here we go again!

I sit here and wonder how to start off. It has been more than 2 years since I wrote anything on here. There are all sorts of witty ways of beginning again but none of them "feel" right. Oh well, here we go!

I am off to Cambodia again in 5 days. No I haven't known about it for very long, but never mind that. I am off to teach the Agenda 1 concept which we use here in Norway for Christians wanting to lead lives focussed on Jesus. It focusses on living missional lives and growing in our discipleship.

I am travelling all that way alone. Steve Bruns and I will be teaching but Steve's flight lands about 12 hours after mine.

There are lots of things I am looking forward to on the trip. I am looking forward to teaching in English, the warmth - perhaps not the humidity though but most of all I am looking forward to seeing the people I met last time and the friends I made there. It is strange but I find it is the people I miss most, whether it is back in the UK or in Romsdal where we lived for ten years when the children were small or the people I have met while travelling.

As I was praying and thinking this morning I read the story of Jesus' baptism. Before Jesus has done anything he hears the voice of his Father affirming him and saying "This is my Son whom I love." It struck me that this happened before Jesus has done anything. I then wondered how good I am at resting in the fact that I too am loved for who I am before I have done anything. This is my daughter, adopted in my family, whom I love. I know the theory, most Christians do, but do I live like I believe it? Maybe, sometimes... 

The status so far regarding the trip is: vaccinations - done, medical case in event of illness - done, tell people who need to know - done, flights and bookings - done, visa applied for and received back. I guess there is only the packing left to do. I have begun to gather together a heap of things on the dining room table so I am at least started with that.More about the packing tomorrow.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar