mandag 6. november 2017

All creatures great and small

It is now the end of a warm and busy day. We started at 7am when we went to a street café for breakfast. The choice is either noodle soup or marinated pork and rice. I chose the pork this morning.

After breakfast we headed off to the church where we spent the day teaching. We are running two separate courses parallel for the first time. Tom Kenneth and I are leading one with a Khmer team and Steve and C'ya are leading the other. As far as we can conclude at this early stage, it seems to be working fine.

I am glad the temperature is only 26 degrees because our group of nine churches are in a wooden framed building with a corrugated tin roof and half-walls made of bamboo or something similar as you see from the picture.




If the temperature were to be much higher it would be very difficult to teach due to the combination of humidity and heat.

It is not only Tom Kenneth and I who teach, we are at the same time training up the local Normisjon employees and some selected local church leaders. Although that is a lot of balls to be juggling at the same time, it does appear to be working. The Normisjon team also simultaneously translate when Tom Kenneth and I teach. Below is a picture of me in action with Dara translating.

Discipleship triangle

Serving out of duty or serving out of love

We love because God first loved us







































               And Tom Kenneth too.









We have been treated to nature in all it's glory too. This is what I saw when I opened my curtains this morning. It is rather different to the mountain view I see as I open my curtains in Norway.






As we have an early start tomorrow some of us decided to save some time in the morning and paid for our accommodation this evening. As we were waiting and chatting a big "something which I didn't recognise" wandered across the floor by our feet. I asked what it was and C'ya said it was a cockroach. I was not sure about that because it was bigger than European ones and it had wings. It seems Cambodian ones can fly!

A Cambodian cockroach


While I was eating dinner this evening I was squashing the fleas on the table which got too close to my meal. The insects today have provided us with a new talking point this evening, not least because this is not at all unusual here.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar