fredag 10. november 2017

Food glorious food

Today has been a food kind of day. We started with breakfast and since they had more choice than the standard Khmer breakfast of noodle soup or pork with rice I decided to have something different and chose pancakes.

We spent the day in the church teaching about amongst other things the discipleship square. It is a tool to encourage us to consciously train people. The four sides of the square are as follows:
I do something and you watch me.
I do it and you help me.
You do it and I help you.
You do it alone and I watch you, supporting and encouraging all the time.

These four steps can take a long or short time depending on what it is I am teaching someone to do. When we think about it, it makes sense and it is what many of us instinctively do when we for example are helping a child to learn to dress themselves. Having a process to teach someone something is good for the teacher and for the pupil as we both become more aware of what we are doing and what we are aiming to achieve.

The church we were at has a small business raising frogs and fish for sale and for food.


Fish





After we were finished in the church we went to the fruit market and bought lots and lots of fruit. We have had a fruit party this evening with different exotic Asian fruits and a few familiar ones.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar